The outline summary can also be downloaded from the following
About YouTube Video Submission for Preliminary Auditions in Piano Competition
・For the first and second stages of auditions, we will evalulate your performance of the designated pieces of your choice uploaded to YouTube.
・To submit your video, please enter the input form which you can access to from the link in the Entry Confirmation Email. (This link will only be accessible during the designated submission period.)
Regarding Video Recording of Performance
- Using a single fixed camera, capture the performer's entire body from head to feet, focusing on the hands.
- For the Baroque piece and the practice piece in the first stage, create a single continuous video where both pieces are performed sequentially. (Videos that are edited by combining separately recorded performances will result in disqualification.)
- Do not edit or manipulate the video from the beginning to the end of the performance.
- The video should solely consist of the performance without bows, greetings, or unnecessary pauses. Keep the margins before and after the performance as short as possible.
- The video should be recorded after September 1, 2023.
- Make sure that no personally identifiable information is visible on the screen.
- It is preferable to set the recording audio level to a fixed level rather than using automatic (auto) mode. This is because automatic mode can eliminate variations in sound intensity, which may affect the evaluation.
- Please verify that the recorded audio volume is not excessively loud or too soft. If the volume is too high, it can lead to distortion, while if it's too low, significant noise may be present, making the recorded music difficult to hear and understand.
Uploading to YouTube and Submitting URL
- Before applying for the video viewing link, confirm that the video is playable.
- Set the video to "Unlisted (limited access)." Do not make it public.
- Your Entry Confirmation Email contains a 4-digit ID unique to you. The video title should only consist of this 4-digit ID (e.g., 1004). Any additional information in the title will result in disqualification, so please be cautious. Furthermore, please be cautious not to misplace this ID, as you will also use it for the second round of auditions.
- In the video description field, please only include the title of the piece and the composer's name (input this information). Please be aware that any other information in the description may result in disqualification.
- The YouTube URL containing the performance intended for evaluation will need to be provided separately after you have entered the competition. In the confirmation email sent from us during the entry process, there will be a link to the application form where you can input this URL for inclusion.
- Once you've submitted the YouTube URL, it cannot be changed. Therefore, please make sure to verify the playability of the performance video beforehand and then proceed with the submission.
Personal Information Policy
- Personal information and photos collected for this competition will be strictly managed by the organizer under the laws of Japan, and may be used for the competition, its related activities, website and SNS.